lvl_2 complete changed [NO]

Updates for already included levels in upstream. Quality not Quantity !

Moderator: SMC Team

lvl_2 complete changed [NO]

Postby Guest_xD » 31 Dec 2008 12:44

The lvl_2 i post here is my very personal lvl_2 and the level is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from SMC's lvl_2!
I made the level very short, because if I would use the length of the original lvl_2 (16,6k) and fill it in the same style like the 1st 6k pixels (which are used as the complete level now) the level would lagg as hell. Now it laggs, but not very much (I think it's already playable).
Here it is (the sub is changed minimal).
lvl_2.smclvl

lvl_2_sub_1.smclvl
Guest_xD
Turtle boss
Turtle boss

Re: lvl_2 complete changed

Postby Fabianius » 01 Jan 2009 01:59

Not bad, but you have forgotten the most important thing of World 1!

World 1 has to be easy and shouldn't contain nonstandard things. You shouldn't use the doors as a teleporter and you shouldn't give points when you hit a ?-box but a mushroom or a fire plant. And if you jump down from a high hill, there shouldn't be any enemies on the floor, because you will realize them too late.

Moreover, the second level should look a little bit different from the first level. I think it should include the big palm trees or it could be a underworld like Nintendo made it in Super Mario Bros.

Conclusion: It is a very good idea to remake or modernize World 1, but the levels must be very professional, in other words really easy and different. Almost every level in World 1 is in the same boring grass style.
Fabianius
SMC Team
SMC Team

Postby Sauer2 » 01 Jan 2009 02:03

Fabianius wrote: ...like Nintendo made it in Super Mario Bros.

To be honest, being like Nintendo is something, you better avoid.

Happy New Year,

Sauer2
Sauer2

Postby Guest_xD » 01 Jan 2009 13:14

Fabianius wrote:Not bad, but you have forgotten the most important thing of World 1!

World 1 has to be easy and shouldn't contain nonstandard things. You shouldn't use the doors as a teleporter and you shouldn't give points when you hit a ?-box but a mushroom or a fire plant. And if you jump down from a high hill, there shouldn't be any enemies on the floor, because you will realize them too late.

Moreover, the second level should look a little bit different from the first level. I think it should include the big palm trees or it could be a underworld like Nintendo made it in Super Mario Bros.

Conclusion: It is a very good idea to remake or modernize World 1, but the levels must be very professional, in other words really easy and different. Almost every level in World 1 is in the same boring grass style.

Ahh, you misprize the noobs in this game.
I hate levels that are beatable in the first try for me.
And to the thing that the level is too hard: Noobs want a challenge, too! Or do you think that I update the lvl_1 and the game_tutorial for nothing?
I will send in my updated game_tutorial soon!
Guest_xD
Turtle boss
Turtle boss

Postby Fabianius » 01 Jan 2009 16:06

First, I know that we avoid beeing like Nintendo, but we can have more variety. Every other game has levels that give variety, but the ten levels of World 1 except number 6 look a little bit the same. I don't want you to slam at all, don't misunderstand that. My idea is that we could use the several tiles (like the palm trees or the many clouds) for the levels of World 1, because they look really good but aren't used (that's a compliment for the level builders). I bet that there are lots of players who play only World 1.

We can argue about the difficulty of the game. It is right, that it shouldn't be very easy. But my experience is, that the game is too difficult for young children. Now we can also argue about the question, which people do play the game. For instance, we could integrate an easy world and a hard world. But first, we should finish the game.
Fabianius
SMC Team
SMC Team

Postby Sauer2 » 01 Jan 2009 16:46

Yeah, you're right.
When i am testing the game, i am thinking:" Goddamn boring first world, let it be over soon". :mrgreen:
Sauer2

Postby Yoshis_Fan » 01 Jan 2009 20:40

Yes, the first world is long and boring...
My favourite level is wn_06; the one who edited it have done well, this level is leastwise a challenge.
~Yoshis_Fan~

I'm from Germany, my English is not the goodest ^^ I know, "best"! ^^
Yoshis_Fan
MVP
MVP

Postby Sauer2 » 01 Jan 2009 21:11

Wait, two exceptions for world_1 are in my opinion level 6 and 8, because of their atmosphere.
Sauer2

Re: lvl_2 complete changed [NO]

Postby levelengine » 28 Apr 2009 11:16

Level 6 is now a snow level. Pretty much everything else is grass.
But why would a level on a lake be a snow level? Shouldn't it be a water level? :roll:

Levelengine :mrgreen:
levelengine
Furball Boss
Furball Boss

Postby FluXy » 29 Apr 2009 06:35

Yes lvl_6 should be either a bonus level or moved to a snow world.
If i didn't read your post but it was important you can send me a PM.
Any Donation will help this project!
FluXy
Admin
Admin

Postby Guest_xD » 29 Apr 2009 14:04

Or (once water is out) we recreate it as a water level.
Guest_xD
Turtle boss
Turtle boss

Postby Luiji » 21 Nov 2014 20:45

reset
Custom Built IBM-Compatible (Arch Linux w/ KDE)
Dell Vostro (Windows 7)
Dell Inspiron 1440 (Windows Server 2003, Debian w/ KDE)
Dell Inspiron 11z (Linux Mint)
Luiji
MVP
MVP

Return to Upstream Updates