Desert Break (In) - Revision 2B

Post unfinished levels and worlds for review.

Moderator: SMC Team

Desert Break (In) - Revision 2B

Postby datahead » 27 Sep 2014 06:10

This is the next set of improvements on the desert break (in) level:
* Fixed a scripting bug where the timer for the extending bridge was not properly stopped
* Added crates
* Added a loose shell
* Replaced the fall through quicksand section with solid sand for now - this will probably be replaced with quicksand when it becomes available

Further work:
* I have come to discover I need to write Load / Save script code to save the switch state and the draw bridge state
* I've been thinking about whether I should maybe split this level into two levels. It would make it load faster and would give us more levels toward a new world, but I don't think there is a problem with having large levels, either. Also if the game engine doesn't support large levels, we need to improve the engine.
Attachments
Desert_Break_In2B.zip
(49.45 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
datahead
SMC Team
SMC Team

Re: Desert Break (In) - Revision 2B

Postby datahead » 23 Nov 2014 23:38

It turned out the level was sometimes reloading because the pipe warp points had the destination level set for them. Upon manually removing this field for them, this issue was annihilated.

I have committed the level to git for Secret Chronicles Release 2.0 with commit id 776f3919ccb35951ddc65122aefa46c0123bddeb
https://github.com/Secretchronicles/TSC ... c0123bddeb

There still is a bug where a little bit of script data is not saved, but it is minor. If possible, I'll fix it soon. Otherwise, as I said, it's fairly minor.
datahead
SMC Team
SMC Team

Return to In Development