[Git 2010-04-01] - some minor editor problems

Post not yet found bugs here. Please also confirm bugs if no one else did or if the last report is older.

Moderators: SMC Team, MVP

[Git 2010-04-01] - some minor editor problems

Postby BowserJr » 01 Apr 2010 16:50

Just some minor things I've noticed in working on my new secret project. 8)

Items in the left pane appear in front of the mouse cursor when you hover over them.

Some of the items have wrong or ambiguous names. Furball and gold definitely suffer from this, as do the moving and falling platforms.

When creating a new level, Maryo's initial position is below the base line.

The co-ordinate system in levels has been changed to have (0,0) at the lower left corner, but sprites settings files still treat (0,0) as the top left corner of an object. I know this saves massive amounts of conversion and negative numbers, but it makes it that bit more confusing when explaining the geometry of the game to anyone. On a slightly related note, is there any reason not to flip the y axis around, so the positive y direction points upwards?

If these have already been reported, I'll remove them. I haven't been following bugs that closely...
"Plants need to have water poured on them because they have no hands to hold glasses of water."
BowserJr
SMC Team
SMC Team

Re: Git [01/04/10] - some minor editor problems

Postby Crabmaster » 01 Apr 2010 17:12

I don't remember any of these being reported, yet.
Items in the left pane appear in front of the mouse cursor when you hover over them.

Haven't seen that happen, if this isn't fixed by the time I have git, I will test to see if it happens too.
Some of the items have wrong or ambiguous names. Furball and gold definitely suffer from this, as do the moving and falling platforms.

I have seen this, gets annoying. :mrgreen:
When creating a new level, Maryo's initial position is below the base line.

I have seen this too.
The co-ordinate system in levels has been changed to have (0,0) at the.....

Have seen this a little bit. :mrgreen:
Feeling nostalgic for this ol' place!
Crabmaster
SMC Team
SMC Team

Re: Git [01/04/10] - some minor editor problems

Postby FluXy » 02 Apr 2010 18:17

Please only report one bug per report even if minor.

BowserJr wrote:Some of the items have wrong or ambiguous names. Furball and gold definitely suffer from this, as do the moving and falling platforms.

That one was hard to find but it's fixed now in git.

BowserJr wrote:On a slightly related note, is there any reason not to flip the y axis around, so the positive y direction points upwards?

I did this at first but that is a much bigger project than i initially thought so i only moved it.
A big problem was to get the drawing right.
If i didn't read your post but it was important you can send me a PM.
Any Donation will help this project!
FluXy
Admin
Admin

Return to Open