[1.8] a few bugs

Reports that are not bugs or happen because of a misconfiguration.

Moderators: SMC Team, MVP

[1.8] a few bugs

Postby dln385 » 17 Jul 2009 03:45

Thanks for the game, guys. Here are some bugs I think I encountered:

While playing through the campaign, about 50,500,000 points were added to my total points all at once. I am not sure why or when.

If you are Ice Maryo and you have a Blue Mushroom in the Itembox and you pick up another Blue Mushroom, no sound effect is used, and the Iceballs that are released don't bounce.

If you are Fire Maryo and then transform into Ghost Maryo, and then finish the level while still a ghost, then you will still be a ghost at the beginning of the next level. Furthermore, once the ghost form wears off, you will be small Maryo.

I cannot shoot two Fireballs or Iceballs simultaneously. There is about a one second delay between each one.

If you are holding a shell and you walk into an enemy, the shell is not used and instead you get hurt.

I am on Windows XP SP3 and using Secret Maryo Chronicles Version 1.8
dln385
Flyon
Flyon

Re: 1.8 bugs

Postby Guest_xD » 17 Jul 2009 10:13

You can't shoot two fireballs all at once.
The system got changed: After each fireball you have to wait. That's not a bug.
The "50,500,000-points-bug" should be better explained. It's quite impossible to look up such a bug in a total of 5k lines of code (or more).
The other bugs sure have to be fixed, but I dunno if FluXy (our main coder) can work on them. He's having lots of business with his RL, so we have to keep waiting until anything new gets released.
Guest_xD
Turtle boss
Turtle boss

Postby dln385 » 17 Jul 2009 18:30

Thanks for letting me know the fireball rule changed. I think the powerups page should be updated.

As for the point bug, I didn't watch my score close enough to know when it happened. I'll keep my eyes open in case it happens again.

This is the most polished open source game I have ever played. I'm now working on making my own levels. I also just found a bug that lets you ride a turtle shell. I don't want this one to be fixed though ;-)

EDIT: If you're riding a shell and your shell gets knocked out by another shell, then you just stand still in mid air. I wonder how many people have found this bug? lol
dln385
Flyon
Flyon

Postby Yoshis_Fan » 18 Jul 2009 11:50

I've found this, too, but it happens so rarely, that it's not worth worrying about this.
~Yoshis_Fan~

I'm from Germany, my English is not the goodest ^^ I know, "best"! ^^
Yoshis_Fan
MVP
MVP

Postby Guest_xD » 20 Jul 2009 17:44

Yoshis_Fan wrote:I've found this, too, but it happens so rarely, that it's not worth worrying about this.

so, how's it caused?
Guest_xD
Turtle boss
Turtle boss

Postby dln385 » 20 Jul 2009 21:34

Guest_xD wrote:so, how's it caused?

This (poorly created) video will show you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW1nifSu7wA
dln385
Flyon
Flyon

Postby BowserJr » 21 Jul 2009 08:27

Wow! That shell thing is amazing! How did I have no idea it existed? :P

This should be made into an official thing in the game.
"Plants need to have water poured on them because they have no hands to hold glasses of water."
BowserJr
SMC Team
SMC Team

Re: [1.8] a few bugs

Postby FluXy » 04 Aug 2009 12:18

Thanks for the report but please only file one bug per report.

Also added it to the sticky.
If i didn't read your post but it was important you can send me a PM.
Any Donation will help this project!
FluXy
Admin
Admin

Return to Invalid