"Comments"?

Propose new features or changes.

Moderators: SMC Team, MVP

"Comments"?

Postby Quintus » 31 Dec 2010 21:39

It was coming just onto my mind when I was designing a level, but was running low on time... I wished I could have made a notice into the level "Add some blocks combined with climbing plant here for a secret" before having to leave and probably forget about it.
So, what about some kind of comment function? A graphic could be a nail with a small piece of paper below it and the comments would only be visible in the level editor as they're not important for the player, just for the level developer. They could be treated as the other "non-level" objects as the Maryo size objects which also don't show up in the final level, but on double click you can enter some text for later.

Any comments on the comments? :)

Valete,
Quintus
Come to our fork of SMC: https://secretchronicles.org
Quintus
SMC Team
SMC Team

Re: "Comments"?

Postby smc_gamer » 31 Dec 2010 22:05

That sounds like a great idea! I'd recommend it having only one line, though, to save screen space.
smc_gamer
Blog | "If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate how precious they are?" -Hobbes
smc_gamer
Static Saw
Static Saw

Postby -DarkAceZ- » 01 Jan 2011 02:53

I use text boxes. :)
-DarkAceZ-
Maryo small
Maryo small

Postby Quintus » 01 Jan 2011 10:41

-DarkAceZ- wrote:I use text boxes. :)

But they show up in the final level. Comments would only be visible in the editor so you wouldn't have to worry to delete them before finishing the level.
Quintus wrote:They could be treated as the other "non-level" objects as the Maryo size objects which also don't show up in the final level
I don't know where I got this idea, but the Maryo size objects actually do show up in the final level (just tested it out). So ignore that statement, the idea should be clear anyway. :)

Valete,
Quintus
Come to our fork of SMC: https://secretchronicles.org
Quintus
SMC Team
SMC Team

Postby Luiji » 01 Jan 2011 21:55

I don't see why not. It'd be good if you plan on taking a month-long vacation from level editing or if you're collaborating with others.
Custom Built IBM-Compatible (Arch Linux w/ KDE)
Dell Vostro (Windows 7)
Dell Inspiron 1440 (Windows Server 2003, Debian w/ KDE)
Dell Inspiron 11z (Linux Mint)
Luiji
MVP
MVP

Return to Feature Requests