Upload Levels in SMC Itself

Propose new features or changes.

Moderators: SMC Team, MVP

Upload Levels in SMC Itself

Postby -DarkAceZ- » 09 Oct 2011 14:51

Does SMC-Get, or is SMC-Get going to be in-game? Because I think we would get a LOT more levels uploaded if we could just upload them while you're on the game... Like have an upload button somewhere between "Back" and "Delete"?
-DarkAceZ-
Maryo small
Maryo small

Re: Upload Levels in SMC Itself

Postby Luiji » 09 Oct 2011 16:12

FluXy has shown a bit of possibility of SMC-GET eventually becoming part of SMC. It would require us to reprogram it from Ruby/Command-Line to C++/CEGUI, though (which won't happen until we're done prototyping). It would also require a lot of interface additions, such as level grouping, level group property management, etc. because of the package format we're using. We would also probably have to run a script to convert the YAML files into XML so that we do not have to add yet another dependency to SMC other than a networking library (where I'd say cURL would be preferred). For networking we might be able to write a short C++ wrapper that we could have wrap multiple backends like CEGUI does (so, i.e., we could use cURL, SDL_Net, or any other library we get to).
Custom Built IBM-Compatible (Arch Linux w/ KDE)
Dell Vostro (Windows 7)
Dell Inspiron 1440 (Windows Server 2003, Debian w/ KDE)
Dell Inspiron 11z (Linux Mint)
Luiji
MVP
MVP

Postby To4ooo4 » 19 May 2012 20:48

SMC-GET? What in the world does that mean? If google can answer this, don't even think about telling me to google it.
Pitiful Heartless, mindlessly collecting hearts. The rage of the Keyblade releases those hearts. They gather in darkness, masterless and free, until they weave together to make
KINGDOM HEARTS

~T2
http://nightmareshadowninja.boards.net/
To4ooo4
Gee red
Gee red

Postby BowserJr » 19 May 2012 23:58

Wow. That's almost an unbelievable level of ignorance. Yes, it's the first result in Google. You knew it probably would be, and yet you chose not to Google it yourself, and forbade anyone from telling you how to obtain the answer? Are you proud of your inability to perform simple computing tasks? Do you enjoy wasting people's time? Whatever it is, we have search engines so people don't have to spend time answering stupid questions. If someone tells you to Google something, it's usually because they're fed up of answering such questions, and it's generally easier and faster for you to just find out yourself.

Also, please see the Forum Guidelines here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=327&p=1829 (I'll remind you that they do say "Read before Posting", although they are a little hard to find now). Specifically the article linked from 13: Ask Questions The Smart Way.
"Plants need to have water poured on them because they have no hands to hold glasses of water."
BowserJr
SMC Team
SMC Team

Postby To4ooo4 » 22 May 2012 13:34

What you just said is VERY insulting to me!!!
Pitiful Heartless, mindlessly collecting hearts. The rage of the Keyblade releases those hearts. They gather in darkness, masterless and free, until they weave together to make
KINGDOM HEARTS

~T2
To4ooo4
Gee red
Gee red

Postby Luiji » 22 May 2012 23:19

BowserJr has a calm rage.

I'm very excited to know that my repository is the first result for _any_ Google search!
Custom Built IBM-Compatible (Arch Linux w/ KDE)
Dell Vostro (Windows 7)
Dell Inspiron 1440 (Windows Server 2003, Debian w/ KDE)
Dell Inspiron 11z (Linux Mint)
Luiji
MVP
MVP

Postby To4ooo4 » 23 May 2012 13:26

(At least I said I would Google it. Ussually I ask a user or the whole forum with a post. If I ask a user, it would be a PM.)
KINGDOM HEARTS

~T2
To4ooo4
Gee red
Gee red

Return to Feature Requests