Back again like a renegade master!

Everything else.

Moderators: SMC Team, MVP

Back again like a renegade master!

Postby jobromedia » 28 Oct 2014 10:45

I'm just gonna drop a short note that I got email from datahead who requested my skills as a musician. So peepz mesa back!

So what's new?

The reason why I had to keep a low profile is because I had a deal with a site that released my music to 500 stores around the world, now they've closed down, so I can work for you guys.

I've been busy writing music for Open Surge, a sonic inspired open source game. Here's a few songs I've written for that game:

Level finish fanfares
Theme song
Sunny paradise
At the dimensional gates

I've also decided to commit all my music for all games I develop music for, to the opengamearts repository. Easier for me to have my portfolio there.

I've invested a lot in my studio, got a few new libraries with a sh*tload of gizmos to play around with and make noises with. Now I'm capable of making more moviesque sounds and music. here's two libraries I've got available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I36sQZEOdEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT7L5w_Ljgs
Don't just download my music. Please give feedback. That's the least I do when I hear a good track.
jobromedia
Eato
Eato

Re: Back again like a renegade master!

Postby datahead » 29 Oct 2014 03:47

Welcome back, Johan!

What's new? We're on the verge of a new release after 5 years. With level scripting, art overhauls, more enemies and game objects, and, now, music overhauls, it will be a big deal.

I'll try to look at these music items as well as I get some time. I'm a grad student, so my time can be limited.

We've been going with original music for Secret Chronicles, but I will be curious to see what you did for Open Surge.

Is there any way I can get mp3's of some of your music from SoundCloud? This would make it really easy to listen to some of that music while I do school work. After I listen to a song enough times, I'm able to offer better feedback.
datahead
SMC Team
SMC Team

Return to Off-Topic