Look what I did!

Everything else.

Moderators: SMC Team, MVP

Look what I did!

Postby DevEd2 » 23 May 2013 12:19

Image
I compiled it myself. In a Ubuntu VM.

What's that, you say? It isn't that special? Well, take a look at THIS:
Image

Yes, I actually compiled the latest GIT (FluXy's version, that is) on a Ubuntu VM. And here I've been hearing all sorts of "I CANT COMPILE GIT WHAT DO I DO" complaints. I had NO problems (other than a long compile time). Thank you, SMC wiki!

And you know what the real kicker is? Even though Ubuntu itself is as slow as molasses on my VM, SMC runs at full speed!

PM me if you want me to either try Quintus's GIT, you want a binary, or you want both.
User avatar
DevEd2
Turtle boss
Turtle boss
 
Posts: 791
Joined: 30 Nov 2010 22:44
Location: Earth :P

Re: Look what I did!

Postby BowserJr » 23 May 2013 19:02

Wooo! You're now the official Git compilerer person. Anyone with questions should come to you :wink:

Haven't actually compiled from Git in a long time. Are those waffle coins? 8)
"Plants need to have water poured on them because they have no hands to hold glasses of water."
User avatar
BowserJr
SMC Team
SMC Team
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: 05 Feb 2007 14:07
Location: London, UK

Re: Look what I did!

Postby DevEd2 » 23 May 2013 21:03

Yes, they are.

And thanks. :)

EDIT: I was only able to get this working on Ubuntu, so I can only help there. (Isn't it ironic how I can't compile the GIT on Mac even though it's my main platform?)
User avatar
DevEd2
Turtle boss
Turtle boss
 
Posts: 791
Joined: 30 Nov 2010 22:44
Location: Earth :P

Re: Look what I did!

Postby mrvertigo27 » 25 May 2013 19:01

I'm thinking about doing a full letsplay on SMC and would love a windows version to play with, if anyone knows how to do that hit me up on youtube because I rarely make my way over here anymore :(
I'm A YouTube Gaming Commentator https://www.youtube.com/user/Spitfire25565
User avatar
mrvertigo27
SMC Team
SMC Team
 
Posts: 2316
Joined: 20 Aug 2009 16:10
Location: the state of insanity

Re: Look what I did!

Postby DevEd2 » 26 May 2013 14:01

User avatar
DevEd2
Turtle boss
Turtle boss
 
Posts: 791
Joined: 30 Nov 2010 22:44
Location: Earth :P

Re: Look what I did!

Postby Luiji » 29 May 2013 14:38

BowserJr wrote:Wooo! You're now the official Git compilerer person. Anyone with questions should come to you :wink:

Haven't actually compiled from Git in a long time. Are those waffle coins? 8)


For the love of... you didn't know about the waffle coins?!
Custom Built IBM-Compatible (Arch Linux w/ KDE)
Dell Vostro (Windows 7)
Dell Inspiron 1440 (Windows Server 2003, Debian w/ KDE)
Dell Inspiron 11z (Linux Mint)
Luiji
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: 14 Jan 2010 23:20
Location: The Mushroom Kyngdom

Re: Look what I did!

Postby DevEd2 » 29 May 2013 16:56

Well, apparently he didn't.

And, Luiji, are you envious of what I did?
User avatar
DevEd2
Turtle boss
Turtle boss
 
Posts: 791
Joined: 30 Nov 2010 22:44
Location: Earth :P

Re: Look what I did!

Postby Luiji » 30 May 2013 19:42

DevEd2 wrote:And, Luiji, are you envious of what I did?


You know I've been doing that for years, right? :D

BTW your new avatar is scary as hell.
Custom Built IBM-Compatible (Arch Linux w/ KDE)
Dell Vostro (Windows 7)
Dell Inspiron 1440 (Windows Server 2003, Debian w/ KDE)
Dell Inspiron 11z (Linux Mint)
Luiji
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: 14 Jan 2010 23:20
Location: The Mushroom Kyngdom

Re: Look what I did!

Postby DevEd2 » 31 May 2013 11:16

You mean my OLD avatar? :P

Anyway, I do realize, but are you at least happy for me?
User avatar
DevEd2
Turtle boss
Turtle boss
 
Posts: 791
Joined: 30 Nov 2010 22:44
Location: Earth :P

Re: Look what I did!

Postby BowserJr » 01 Jun 2013 09:37

Luiji wrote:
BowserJr wrote:Wooo! You're now the official Git compilerer person. Anyone with questions should come to you :wink:

Haven't actually compiled from Git in a long time. Are those waffle coins? 8)


For the love of... you didn't know about the waffle coins?!


I remember the discussion from a really long time ago, but I thought there was more work to be done (they still look a bit too 3D to me, although I guess less so than the old coins). I've changed computers/ OSes a few times since then, and I've never bothered getting SMC working again, because I figure there's not been many changes. It's a shame too, because I didn't have a clue on Git before, but I now use it every day at work, and I kind of understand it. 8)

This post made me go through old graphics threads again. I always get lost in those... :?
"Plants need to have water poured on them because they have no hands to hold glasses of water."
User avatar
BowserJr
SMC Team
SMC Team
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: 05 Feb 2007 14:07
Location: London, UK

Re: Look what I did!

Postby Quintus » 03 Jun 2013 18:09

Regarding the waffle coins I personally think they’re great, except for the sound. They still sound like coins when collecting them, but that should rather make some kind of “yum” sound...
Aetas nulla ad discendum sera.
User avatar
Quintus
SMC Team
SMC Team
 
Posts: 353
Joined: 14 Sep 2010 18:05
Location: Germany -> NRW -> UN

Re: Look what I did!

Postby BowserJr » 03 Jun 2013 19:02

^Was discussed in the old waffle thread. Was not popular: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3609&start=40
"Plants need to have water poured on them because they have no hands to hold glasses of water."
User avatar
BowserJr
SMC Team
SMC Team
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: 05 Feb 2007 14:07
Location: London, UK

Re: Look what I did!

Postby To4ooo4 » 03 Aug 2014 17:05

I am envying the fact that DevEd2 knows how to compile yet I don't even know how to DECOMPILE.
Pitiful Heartless, mindlessly collecting hearts. The rage of the Keyblade releases those hearts. They gather in darkness, masterless and free, until they weave together to make
KINGDOM HEARTS

~T2
http://nightmareshadowninja.boards.net/
To4ooo4
Gee red
Gee red
 
Posts: 404
Joined: 19 Sep 2011 22:53
Location: The Maryo Kingdom

Re: Look what I did!

Postby Luiji » 09 Aug 2014 16:28

To4ooo4 wrote:I am envying the fact that DevEd2 knows how to compile yet I don't even know how to DECOMPILE.

You know decompilation is a more complicated process than compilation, right?
Custom Built IBM-Compatible (Arch Linux w/ KDE)
Dell Vostro (Windows 7)
Dell Inspiron 1440 (Windows Server 2003, Debian w/ KDE)
Dell Inspiron 11z (Linux Mint)
Luiji
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: 14 Jan 2010 23:20
Location: The Mushroom Kyngdom


Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron