libxml++ transition is completed

Source Code and development in general from a technical point of view. Post Patches here.

Moderator: SMC Team

libxml++ transition is completed

Postby Quintus » 04 Apr 2014 11:46

I have completed the move away from CEGUI’s XML library to libxml++. SMC just gained a lot of independence from CEGUI, and does not depend on CEGUI’s NullRenderer anymore. See my original post for more information.

Valete,
Quintus
Aetas nulla ad discendum sera.
Quintus
SMC Team
SMC Team

Re: libxml++ transition is completed

Postby -DarkAceZ- » 05 Apr 2014 05:32

That's amazing! Is that huge Boost library still a dependency, now?
every time you post dev progress it makes me feel bad for not using SMC
but obviously not enough for me to start using it
I love your work.
-DarkAceZ-
Maryo small
Maryo small

Re: libxml++ transition is completed

Postby Quintus » 05 Apr 2014 08:30

-DarkAceZ- wrote:That's amazing! Is that huge Boost library still a dependency, now?

It is, and this won’t change in the foreseeable future, mostly for boost_filesystem. I don’t know of any other library that provides proper file and directory path handling. If you do, please let me know so I can consider it. Before, SMC used string manipulation to e.g. extract basenames from a given directory path, which is hacky. boost_filesystem does a much better job here.

As for the rest: I know, progress is slow, but I’m working on it nearly alone. I’ve found someone in the German Ruby forums who wants to contribute some code (see here) and now also regularyly hangs out in #secretmaryo on freenode.net (nick is noocode). I hope this will speed up development.

I’m really happy to see that there’s still someone who is interested in my work. Nothing is more frustrating than creating something nobody cares for.

Vale,
Quintus
Aetas nulla ad discendum sera.
Quintus
SMC Team
SMC Team

Return to Development