Change character into "mario"

Tools, Editors and other programs around SMC.

Moderator: SMC Team

Change character into "mario"

Postby Mumbo » 13 Jul 2010 01:29

hejo.
i'm actually a old smb fan (actually played every game up from the nes till the 3d vers on the n64.
i actually like the game very much, but it is actually not possible for me to come up with this smiling boy-
he is well designed etc. but i feel just creepy when i have the controll over something that looks so much like a human Oo
is there a way to change the main char into the nomral "mario" or something like this?
Mumbo
Furball brown
Furball brown

Re: Change character into "mario"

Postby BowserJr » 13 Jul 2010 10:27

All of the Maryo images are stored as .png files in smc/pixmaps/maryo. You can replace these with any images you want and they will show in the game.

We don't provide Mario images due to copyright, but if you have your own in the correct animation sequence, it should work. You may also want to try using the images from an old version of the game (before 0.99.5), when we had a more Mario-like style.

Download old versions from: http://sourceforge.net/projects/smclone/files/ . I'm not sure if the graphics are fully compatible with the latest version of the game. We can't provide any support for using these old versions, so you're on your own.
"Plants need to have water poured on them because they have no hands to hold glasses of water."
BowserJr
SMC Team
SMC Team

Re: Change character into "mario"

Postby Mumbo » 13 Jul 2010 15:52

Thank you, i tryed it out and it worked perfectly (i had only to change the image size)
Mumbo
Furball brown
Furball brown

Return to Add-Ons and 3rd Party things