Another Mushroom Request

Propose new features or changes.

Moderators: SMC Team, MVP

Another Mushroom Request

Postby To4ooo4 » 10 Apr 2012 02:02

I have another request. Could somebody make a mushroom that turns you into a enemy? It turns you into a random one or a one of your choice depending on the type. Remember, I don't know how to.
Pitiful Heartless, mindlessly collecting hearts. The rage of the Keyblade releases those hearts. They gather in darkness, masterless and free, until they weave together to make
KINGDOM HEARTS

~T2
http://nightmareshadowninja.boards.net/
To4ooo4
Gee red
Gee red

Re: Another Mushroom Request

Postby Luiji » 14 Apr 2012 23:52

Interesting idea. Anyone else have an opinion on this one?
Custom Built IBM-Compatible (Arch Linux w/ KDE)
Dell Vostro (Windows 7)
Dell Inspiron 1440 (Windows Server 2003, Debian w/ KDE)
Dell Inspiron 11z (Linux Mint)
Luiji
MVP
MVP

Postby -DarkAceZ- » 15 Apr 2012 01:33

Into an enemy? What would you do then? :shock:
-DarkAceZ-
Maryo small
Maryo small

Postby Jonn » 15 Apr 2012 11:45

To4ooo4 wrote:I have another request. Could somebody make a mushroom that turns you into a enemy? It turns you into a random one or a one of your choice depending on the type. Remember, I don't know how to.

Sounds like a fun idea, but a lot of work...
-DarkAceZ- wrote:Into an enemy? What would you do then? :shock:

I don't know, maybe you are invincible and you have a different speed and jump height?
Or you can command the other enemies to go back and leave you alone? :lol:
Maybe you can fly if you turn into a gee? Or jump out of pipes if you are a flyon?
I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud...

EDIT:
Maybe we can make that you turn into a gee after you hit the mushroom, and then can fly for a few seconds, and after those seconds you turn back into Maryo.
This shouldn't be very hard to implement, just add a new type to the Maryo_type enum and edit a lot functions in level_player.cpp, a bit like how the cape-flying Maryo is made, and add a new type mushroom... But I don't know, maybe it's harder...
No pizza is perfect, and SMC is not a pizza!
chicken+egg=dilemma
Jonn
Eato
Eato

Postby -DarkAceZ- » 15 Apr 2012 13:34

Actually, the gee thing sounds pretty cool!

*EDIT* My post count is OVER 900!!!
-DarkAceZ-
Maryo small
Maryo small

Postby To4ooo4 » 29 Apr 2012 15:14

Uh, guys... You are kinda turning MY idea into another idea that I didn`t post. You are also making MY idea sound like it is a bad idea. For example, that post that said if the mushroom turns you into a Gee you can fly. That sounds like offense to me because of the way it was said. Or the post that said if the mushroom turns you into a Flyon, you can only glide up from a pipe then you go back down, and only on a pipe, NOW that is VERY offensive to me! I remember that post that said the mushroom will just let you command other enemies around! ULTRA OFFENSIVE!!! If this is put into the game, please stick with my original idea. Really, now this topic is more of an idea station!
Pitiful Heartless, mindlessly collecting hearts. The rage of the Keyblade releases those hearts. They gather in darkness, masterless and free, until they weave together to make
KINGDOM HEARTS

~T2
To4ooo4
Gee red
Gee red

Postby Jonn » 29 Apr 2012 20:24

I am very surprised that you feel you are attacked. Sorry, that was not my intention. I think your idea is not bad, I just tried to elaborate your idea. I thought that's the intention of this topic? I mean, if it's really going to be add to the game I think it needs to be more detailed.
You are kinda turning MY idea into another idea that I didn`t post.

Can you explain why you think my idea is another idea? I meant it as an extension to your idea, not as a new idea.
No pizza is perfect, and SMC is not a pizza!
chicken+egg=dilemma
Jonn
Eato
Eato

Postby To4ooo4 » 08 May 2012 02:19

:roll: I don't feel attacked. It's nothing personal (Whatever that means.) or anything like that. I do slightly feel like my idea is being turned into a different one though. Okay... Over and out for today...
KINGDOM HEARTS

~T2
To4ooo4
Gee red
Gee red

Postby To4ooo4 » 13 May 2012 18:08

Oh, an extension. Okay... An extension would be okay. I just wouldn't think making the mushroom let you command enemies or whatever the idea was would make levels too easy. VERY FUN but easy. Accually, I LOVE THAT IDEA!!! YOU COULD MAKE THE ENEMIES UR MINIONS!!! MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAhAhHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAAHHHAHAHAHAHHJAHGHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHZHAHHZHHZHAHZHAHZAHGHDJKHGDJSGHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

And then Maryo takes over the universe! But then aliens save us! (They are real and friendly!)
KINGDOM HEARTS

~T2
To4ooo4
Gee red
Gee red

Postby To4ooo4 » 09 Apr 2014 23:55

-DarkAceZ- wrote:Into an enemy? What would you do then? :shock:

You could infiltrate the enemy base and get some free Maryo Sandwiches. :mrgreen:
KINGDOM HEARTS

~T2
To4ooo4
Gee red
Gee red

Postby rinscewind » 21 Apr 2014 11:47

Once an enemy, sneak past difficult areas in the limited time the effect lasts ... they'll just treat you like you were one of them while the effect lasts ...

Of course, cleverness on the part of the level creator will make it tough to get it, and/or tough to get out of the area entered (for why ever entered to begin with) ...

Enemy-morph before passing through a side-tunnel filled with a series of an impossible-to-pass enemies, then once in a dead-end have one chance at a 'Star' and so 'Invincible' one's way out of where now trapped ... or something like that ...

Etc, etc ...
Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Then go ahead ... you will be a mile away, and will also have his shoes.
rinscewind
Turtle Shell green
Turtle Shell green

Postby Quintus » 21 Apr 2014 12:51

Hrm. I do not really like the idea of Maryo turning into an enemy. It would basically mean to reimplement all the enemy stuff for Maryo again, who is deeply integrated into the codebase and cannot be easily switched out with a thing of completely different semantics. And I doubt the usefulness of the stuff. If you turn into flyon, or into a static enemy, what do you want to do?

Valete,
Quintus
Come to our fork of SMC: https://secretchronicles.org
Quintus
SMC Team
SMC Team

Postby rinscewind » 22 Apr 2014 23:14

Into an enemy? What would you do then? :shock:

Just be able to pass through an area without being attacked ... as if 'in disguise' and fooling them ... you know, blending in ... and so stretches of a level could be run through without needing to fight ... providing a tactical option as a way of getting through so as to create for the player an increase in the number of options (by only this 1 new method) for dealing with clever hardships put in Maryo's path by the level designer(s) ...

It was just a thought, as others had asked what could be done ...
Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Then go ahead ... you will be a mile away, and will also have his shoes.
rinscewind
Turtle Shell green
Turtle Shell green

Postby Quintus » 23 Apr 2014 11:10

rincewind wrote:as if 'in disguise' and fooling them

So you don’t want Maryo to adapt the entire semantics of an enemy? As with being able to fly if turned into Gee? So, if we can settle on Maryo always turning into, say furball, this would be much easier and is more likely to make it into the game.

Vale,
Quintus
Come to our fork of SMC: https://secretchronicles.org
Quintus
SMC Team
SMC Team

Postby datahead » 17 May 2014 08:07

It's not that much unlike the hammer bros suit in SMB3, except that this would offer a stealth option or a way to sneak into otherwise inaccessible areas.
If you could use an enemy's weapon, it would be all the better. I wouldn't suggest having the power up be a mushroom, though.
datahead
SMC Team
SMC Team

Postby To4ooo4 » 30 Dec 2014 19:09

I'm back. I still think it's a great idea. Also, I don't believe that you guys were changing this into a different idea anymore.
KINGDOM HEARTS

~T2
To4ooo4
Gee red
Gee red

Return to Feature Requests